Fall foliage season is about to bring thousands of visitors from around the world to our beautiful area to watch the leaves change color and be amazed and inspired for months to come. To help get the most out of your Airbnb home, Dino Alexander of Alluvion Vacations shares some of his top fall outdoor decorating ideas that will make your Airbnb home stand out from the rest and get you the most bookings this fall season in the Hudson will get Valley and Catskills. Read on to get inspired on how to decorate your Airbnb home and once you’re done, check out the Seasonal Airbnb Photography Package from Alluvion Media that can help you update your listing with beautiful seasonal photos in less than 48 hours !
Fall decorating ideas for you Airbnb House in the Hudson Valley – by Dino Alexander, Alluvion Holidays – Hudson Valley’s Top Vacation Rental Management Agency
Top 5 Fall Decorating Ideas That Add Warmth
- Add pops of autumn colors such as yellow, orange or rust to the interior and exterior of your home using dried plants, cushions and vases/pots.
- Add a vertical element to dark spaces and corridors to give them more depth. A vertical bouquet of dried shrub branches can do the trick.
- Spruce up some pumpkins around the house! Place one on each side of the front door or place several along your driveway. As always when it comes to decorating hospitality experiences like Airbnb homes, never use perishables or live plants and stick to the safe yet beautiful faux options.
- Decorate with an indoor chandelier outside by stringing it between two tall trees and hanging it over your property, creating an elegant look and feel to greet guests arriving at night!
Decorations that reveal the beauty of nature this season
Beautiful, lush greenery and bursting fall foliage make the Hudson Valley a truly wonderful place to explore year-round. Follow these simple tips to set the perfect stage and highlight the natural beauty of this area.
- Use inexpensive materials such as jute or vine wreaths, pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks and straw bales.
- Mix in some colorful flowers such as mums, pansies or marigolds. Add a few candles in small glass votives (or battery-operated tea lights). You can also use hurricane lamps with small white candles to create an intimate feeling. Place them throughout the house so they can be seen through large windows and doors at night.
- Add fall-themed metal window clings that say Welcome and Home Sweet Home to welcome guests.
- Hang large Happy Fall signs or pumpkin stencils on walls.
- Place hay bales outside your front door as decoration or leave trees by the driveway as a friendly welcome mat.
- Consider adding a welcome gift such as a fresh fruit basket to each reservation.
Fall decorations that are budget friendly
– Stock up on fall decor in the front and back yards such as pumpkins, fake fruit trees, urns and piles of leaves.
– String some paper wreaths in the front entry and over a banister or mantel.
– Autumn cushions are a great way to transform any chair or sofa into a cozy place to read and relax.
– For outdoor decks or patios, fill hanging baskets with dried flower arrangements that will give off a nice scent. Use moss-covered pieces of wood as a base.
– Fill an outdoor table with all kinds of dried items, such as gourds, leaves and small cornstalks. Add a variety of candles in different colors and sizes around the table for ambiance.
– Throw some blankets outside on the ground and raise a votive for a perfect outdoor picnic spot!
– Bring branches indoors near windowsills to make them look more welcoming during this time of year.
Easy decorations you can do yourself
Before the leaves start to fall, stock up on seasonal supplies like pumpkins, gourds, and hay bales. Hang a group of multi-colored wreaths throughout the front and back doors. Place a decorative large burlap or chevron banner over the doorway or over an open window. Line the porch with strings of orange pendant lights strung together with clear fishing line. Create your own Halloween scene by setting out some fake cobwebs, plastic spiders and little bats. Add some fake cobwebs to trees around the house to make it look like you’ve lived there all year!
Looking for a relaxing, hustle-free vacation home? We’ve got you covered.
As seasoned professionals in the real estate, hospitality and vacation rental industries, we know exactly what it takes to make your Hudson Valley or Catskill region vacation home ownership a success. Let us take care of the details so you can just enjoy yourself while generating extra income from your vacation home.
Why? Because we want you to come back to your vacation home and enjoy your vacation instead of dealing with property management and doing Airbnb business on your own! That’s why we focus on making your experience of renting out your home on Airbnb as seamless as possible by providing attentive, prompt customer service, world-class marketing and best-in-class hospitality management. From interior design, hospitality amenities, reservation to check-in, and every point in between, we let us take care of basically everything, so all you have to do is come back and enjoy and relax in your vacation home.
Call us at 845-518-2750 or learn more at alluvionvacations.com.