COVID-19 community levels remain high in Richmond, Henrico and Chesterfield. The seven-day average incidence rates per 100,000 people in various regions were 270, 260, and 247, respectively. CDC guidelines continue to recommend that everyone, vaccinated or not, wear a mask in indoor public spaces. So we will focus on outdoor venues.
Side note: I tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday and have been in quarantine since then. My hypothetical mild symptoms are due to general paralysis. Interestingly, I know that more friends and family members have contracted Covid-19 in the past month than at any time during the pandemic.
Kickers vs Charlotte Indies
June 11, Gates 5PM kick-off 6:30PM, tickets
The kickers will continue their home game on Saturday. The weather is looking good again, so head out for a beer and cheer on your Kickers.
The Richmond Kickers host the Charlotte Independence and are celebrating a night of military appreciation. Visit our Support Sponsor’s Facebook page: Facebook.com/GoArmyVirginia
Join us as we meet our military personnel at City Stadium during the June 11 game. The first 500 fans to attend will receive a Kickers camouflage hat! Please inquire about discounted tickets for active duty and veterans before the game day. Additionally, we will be selling a limited number of active and retired military tickets on game days (please bring a valid military ID).
Happy Hour Special: Enjoy $5 off a 16-ounce Heineken beer from 5:00pm to 6:30pm!Come watch the Kickers face off against the Charlotte Indies looking for revenge after we beat them 2-1 earlier in the season. Kickoff at 5:00 p.m. is set for 6:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to save $5 on the game day price and ensure quick access to the stadium upon arrival. Get your tickets here: https://bit.ly/3PwoJdq
Help the cat and the dog while helping yourself bargain.
We have many treasures waiting for you! Tons of branded clothing, wallets, sheets, homewares, electronics, books, games, children’s toys and clothes, art, glassware, you name it – we have it all!
Come shop and raise money for the animals in our care! The Yard Sale will be at 7th Street Christian Church, so mark your calendars!
Amelia Lavender Festival at Windsor Lavender Farm
June 11, 9am-7pm, $10
Lavender is beautiful. Live music, food, crafts and a petting zoo improve lavender growth.
The Lavender Festival will be held on June 11th from 9am to 7pm. Rain or shine.
Tickets/wristbands at the door, free parking, kids under 10 free, adults only $10!
Live music starts at noon.
30+ suppliers of crafts, food, face painting, petting zoo, music, lavender. Come see us!
Cars & Cuts at Mechanicsville 2022 (7167 Flag Ln)
June 12, 10am-3pm, free
I also want a cool car. Then for a while I had a sweet 1968 Ford Galaxy. I quickly learned that unless you have mechanical skills, you’re going to spend a lot of money. I don’t have a lot of money, so I say goodbye to my lovely galaxy. If you have a lovely car or just want to be jealous, this is the one for you.
It’s time for our favorite event of the year…CARS & CUTS 2022! This is a community car show for all to attend!
Every year we try to outdo the previous year and this year is no exception! Of course we’ll be moving the barbershop and equally great DJs and amazing local food/shaved ice trucks, but this year we’ll be upping the ante in a few other ways:
1) There will be medals and prizes (free t-shirts, free haircut gift cards and cash prizes) for the top 3 local favorites! To enter your car/truck/bike to win, there will be a $10 entry fee. You’ll get a car number card to put on your window, and everyone in attendance will use those numbers to vote!
– If you are not interested in taking part in the show part, you are still welcome to join us for free and enjoy the day! (You can take your car out for free, only those who paid the entry fee get the window card and have the ability to win!) ***This is new this year so don’t be bothered, we want you to do it anyway Bring your car/truck/bike!
2) To make the show more family/community friendly, we will have a limited number of vendors onsite selling local products! We’ll have vendors selling freshly squeezed lemonade and lime juice as well as face painters and more! ! ! !
– Vendor space is $30 and we have about 10 spaces left! Please leave a message to the store, or directly to Jacob Smith! Please understand that due to limited space, we will do our best to provide a broad range of suppliers without too much overlap!
3) PORTA POTTY 😂🤣 While we can still use the pavilion bathrooms as in previous years, this year we will be renting 1 or 2 to be closer to the event and provide more comfort for our guests.
It’s going to be a great time and we can’t wait to see you all! Remember, this is a community event that everyone can enjoy, so please share and tag everyone to spread the word! Especially the “autobots” in your life! If you’re a member of a local car group/club, we’d love to serve you!
We had access to grass and paved lots so there was plenty of room! !